Sunday, April 11, 2021

When I Last Saw You

When I Last Saw You When I Last Saw You by Bette Lee Crosby
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If Crosby writes it, I read it.  Happy to get this ARC and love doing a review.  This one covers family and Crosby tells it in such a heartbreaking and loving story, I didnt want it to end.  The story switches back and forth between 1901/1908 and 1968.

We start in 1968 when Margaret buries her husband.  She has no family, no children...but at one time she had brothers and sisters.  Losing touch with them has started her on the journey of finding them.  Going back to the early 1900s, we find Eliza having baby after baby, with a husband who is absent more than present.  The hard times during that era shows the strength and love in that family that endures.  To make sure her children have a better life, Eliza finds herself giving them away to other families to care for.  And so this makes Margaret's job harder to find them.

We travel all over as Margaret picks up the pieces of her family and while the story is heartbreaking, we do find happiness, love, serenity, forgiveness, secrets and family.  #fivestars  #ARC Release Date: May 4, 2021  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment