Friday, March 19, 2021

The Four Winds

The Four Winds The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Depression.  Before my time but not my grandparents time.  While we were on the East Coast and not in the middle of the Dust Bowl, it was still a bad time.  But this book, while I dont go by all the hype on books, was one of my favorites this month.  I read it for a book club but found myself turning page after page to read about the sorrows at that time.  

Texas in 1921...Elsa meets Rafe and quickly finds herself married to him. Thrown out by her family, she soon becomes part of Rafe's family only to find there are hard times ahead.  I often wondered during the book if people today understood how hard it was during that era.  Of course, the pandemic right now has placed many a family on hard times, but one thing I did learn from this book is that we do prevail.  Somehow we learn and push ourselves through hard times no matter what is happening.  It was a humbling book to read; one that has made me grateful for the roof over my head, food on my table and the love of family.  

I look forward to reading more Kristin Hannah books....but this one will stay with me forever.  #fivestars 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment