Tuesday, December 1, 2020

A Life Without Regrets

A Life Without Regrets A Life Without Regrets by Marci Bolden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It has taken me 3 days to write this review.  What do you say after finishing a book and finally letting your breath out.  I had already read Bolden's A LIFE WITHOUT WATER and A LIFE WITHOUT FLOWERS and am so happy I got an ARC of this one.  

I dont know where to start but one sentence from the book sticks with me....NOW IS GOOD.  And that is what I have been thinking about for the past 3 days.  Now is all we have and reading about Carol Denman's thoughts about her past, her losses (and they were many) and how she must deal with it made we realize how thankful we must be for the NOW and cherish every moment.  

All of Bolden's books make you think.  Something I rarely do after reading a book...its a story and then onto another book.  But the story wasnt only about Carol losing her husband, her daughter, or her relationship with her mother (I related to that one!) but also her thoughts and her ability to deal with it.  Why do we deny ourselves happiness?  or peace?  Losing a loved one is not easy and I often thought about what I would do if I lost my husband of 46 years ... would I be able to move forward?  

I feel this is a book I will think about for a long time.  If you havent read Bolden's other two books, then you are missing out on a great story.  This book will be out on December 8, 2020 and I thank Marci Bolden for an ARC.  #fivestars  #ARC  #MarciBolden 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment