Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Becoming Eve: My Journey from Ultra-Orthodox Rabbi to Transgender Woman

Becoming Eve: My Journey from Ultra-Orthodox Rabbi to Transgender Woman Becoming Eve: My Journey from Ultra-Orthodox Rabbi to Transgender Woman by Abby Chava Stein
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Heartfelt story of a beautiful journey

When I first started reading this book I didn’t know what to expect. But the more I read the more I realized what a hard journey this was for the author. She not only dealt with her feelings of being a woman instead of a man, but also with the change in her life of giving up so much of what was her history and upbringing.

I was a bit disappointed when 90% of the book just dealt with explaining the Hasidic community along with the laws and rituals. I suppose someone who doesn’t know about them will find them interesting and extreme. I wanted to know more in depth on how Eve handled this change. I felt there was more we didn’t learn. Perhaps there will be a sequel to the book. #threestars #becomingeve

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment