Saturday, September 26, 2020

A Life Without Flowers

A Life Without Flowers A Life Without Flowers by Marci Bolden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I try not to read books that make me cry, but when I read A LIFE WITHOUT WATER, I had to read Book 2.  And so I needed a box of tissues.  It's the continuing story of Carol Denman.  Years after losing her daughter (cry) she is finally making piece with herself, her husband (daughters father) her recently passed husband and finally her mother.

Mother/Daughter relationships are hard and while they never got along - like oil and water I would say - there  is an attempt when Carol sells her house, gets an RV and decides to continue going to places her daughter would have loved, in order to spread her ashes.

This time she is taking along her mother and aunt and find the time spent with them unearths deep resentments and mistakes done on both sides.  A refreshing book that digs deep into our inner souls making us think about relationships and what is really important in this short life of ours.  #fourstars  #bringtissues  #audiobook

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment