Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Grandma's Special Dinner

I must speak out for grandmas.  Since I am one and very proud of it......but there comes a time during the whole grandma scene, that an incident sticks out and must be shared.  I can bore you with the many happenings of my grandchildren....but you will get bored.....here's a cute one though.

Grandson J slept over this past weekend.  He came Saturday morning, we played and then went shopping at BJs....came home in time for dinner.  "What would you like for dinner J?"   He answered, "Pancakes, but mommy wont let me have them for dinner.  They are a breakfast food."

I remember my children coming home from their grandma's house telling me how she made them steak in the middle of the night when they awoke hungry......I told them if they ask me, they should go to grandmas to eat steak in the middle of the night.

So guess what I made!  And how my thoughts have changed...PANCAKES.....Now he was beaming  and will remember forever that ---HIS GRANDMA MADE HIM PANCAKES FOR DINNER........Priceless............


10 comments:

  1. My kids love breakfast for dinner. I'm so sorry that my daughter has missed out on having a Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about that! I remember my gramma making me banana cream cake for my birthday almost every year I was stateside and close by to her--except the year I requested German chocolate cake...and she made it from scratch! *grins* Those memories are priceless!

    I posted your beads on my blog! Go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. This is what being a grandparent is all about! You don't have to be the rule maker or enforcer. You get to provide special moments the kids will remember all their lives. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother used to do that too..That's what a grandparent is about : Less rules.
    New follower on GFC from wednesday hop.

    Swing by : www.ourfamilyworld.com/blog and share your thoughts.

    Olfa.T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely. Give that boy his pancackes! My granddaughters run my house when they are here and I wouldn't have it any other way. That's what my grandma let me do and I have some of my fondest childhood memories with her.

    Following back -- Grandma's have to stick together!

    Carli
    http://www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Your Grandma Special Dinner. nice idea for dinner . Good Info Shared for Dinner. i like your blog. thanks for remember my grandma really i miss my grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great story!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the kind comment.
    My grandmother lived in England, so we didn't get to see her very often obviously. But I remember her special homemade lemon meringue pie, sugar cubes and these really neat butterfly cupcakes with great "frosting" I have no idea how to duplicate the flavor.
    Definitely nothing wrong with breakfast foods at dinner. I'm looking forward to participation in my linky, hoping for some sharing of recipes too.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, that's sweet. I wish my son had a sweet, spoiley grandma. All his grandmas are cranky! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's why my grandmother is my favorite person. Breakfast was always best for dinner! I owe so much to her as she was my role model when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Agnes - just read your grilling time at Grandma's Briefs. Love that and I love that you enjoyed some wonderful pancakes with your grandson ... the stuff great memories are made of. Come on over and visit sometime! http://robinlynnsroad.blogspot.com/
    blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete