Saturday, September 5, 2020

Mrs. Everything

Mrs. Everything Mrs. Everything by Jennifer Weiner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have had this book in my Kindle forever and finally got to read it. My TBR list keeps getting bigger and bigger. The book was not what I expected and went far beyond that. The story hit home as it follows a family from 1950 through 2016. That was my time.

Jo and Bethie are sisters growing up then. A time when girls could not be anything. Their place was in the home. You were a wife, a mother, a homemaker and anything else you thought of being was squashed and looked upon as crazy. But we follow this family and the reactions to dressing differently, acting differently, decisions to not have children, love between two women, the living in a commune times, and so many other taboos of that era.

I am now looking forward to reading Jennifer Weiner's next book, Big Summer which a friend lent me. If you need a heartwarming and loving story, please pick this one up. #Kindle #fourstars

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment