Friday, August 28, 2020

When I Was You

When I Was You When I Was You by Amber Garza
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I first started this book it was a bit slow and confusing.  Why not?  There were two Kelly Medinas....so I had to keep remembering who was who.  But realizing one was young and the other older, I then separated them to be Kelly #1 who was married to Rafael, nice life, a son Aaron who was 19 and also she lost a baby girl.

The other Kelly#2 was a college girl, Rafael was her professor and she was infatuated with him.  You see where I am going with this.  BUT what happens next is not your typical story.  Kelly#1 is in depression, people dont believe her, we find out things are a bit different than we thought.  

And so as we read we find some twists, some anger issues, a bit of violence - but will this story have a happy ending?  You must read it to find out....and it will surprise you!  Thanks to #Netgalley for this ARC, Soon to be published on Aug 25, 2020.  #fourstars

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment