Saturday, August 29, 2020

This Is How I Lied

This Is How I Lied This Is How I Lied by Heather Gudenkauf
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This audio book was an interesting read.  I am not a fan of switching back and forth through periods but it was not hard to follow.  It hinges on a murder that happened in 1995 which was never solved until 2020.  

Det Maggie O'Keefe is with the same precinct as her father who was on the case in the beginning.  She is married now and pregnant and wants to close the case her father was originally on.  Eve and Maggie were good friends, Eve gets killed and her sister, Nola is not happy about it.  

I tried to follow back and forth between the actual act of murder and the case as Maggie is now trying to solve.  Many secrets come out, and several times I thought I knew who the murderer was myself.  It seems to be a small town story where everyone know everyone else.  The narrator was good so I wasnt confused as to who was who but was really surprised to find out who the real killer was.

#threestars  #audiobook  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment