Thursday, August 13, 2020

STRANGER IN THE LAKE

 

BY KIMBERLY BELLE    

Charlotte marries a rich man, Paul, who is 11 years older than she is.  His first wife died years before....a mysterious drowning accident.  Charlotte comes from the poor side of town and loves the luxury she is now living in.


But things start to go downhill when another woman is found in the exact same waters that Paul's wife was found.  Foul play?  And so the mystery goes forward to find the answer.


I found this book very slow going, or maybe since it was an audiobook, it was the person doing the reading.  I felt it could have gone along a bit faster, not so many descriptions and although I dont like flashbacks, it was needed to bring the story up to the climax.  I must admit I could not figure out who was the culprit and was surprised when the story went back to another death 20 years before.  Apparently everyone was keeping the same secret.  But like all secrets, they soon become known and that when things fall apart.  This is the third book I have read by Kimberly Belle and am looking forward to reading more of her books.  #threestars

No comments:

Post a Comment