Thursday, July 16, 2020

Review: Where the Crawdads Sing

Where the Crawdads Sing Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For years, rumors of the "Marsh Girl" have haunted Barkley Cove, a quiet town on the North Carolina coast. So in late 1969, when handsome Chase Andrews is found dead, the locals immediately suspect Kya Clark, the so-called Marsh Girl.

I wasnt sure I wanted to read this book.  I had read mixed reviews.  But I like to form my own opinions, so I read it and was glad I did.  It is an amazing story of one woman's fight to survive.  I cant imagine living like Kya - away from people, feeling unloved, and yet becoming the woman she became out of her strength and determination to survive.

I felt like I went through the trial with her and as a mother all I wanted to do was hold and hug her.  This book shows you what you are capable of doing no matter what the circumstances.  Great read, glad I didnt listen to the reviews.  #fourstars  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment