Saturday, June 23, 2018

My Journey

You might think this post is about a journey I took.  I do love to travel and have done a lot of it before I had children.  Now that they are grown and I could do more again, hubby is not well, and so we are not currently travelling.

But I do have journeys and they consist of going out to see my children and grandchildren.  I love watching them grow up and love their birthday parties.

So this morning hubby and I got into the car and traveled upstate (two hour ride) to attend a party and wish my grandchildren and daughter in law well as they start out on their journey.  In a few weeks they will be going to Hong Kong to live with my son who is already there.



You would think I would be happy and put that country on my list of journeys, but alas flying that long a trip will not be in our future for health reasons.  I dont know what I would have done if this happened pre-skyping era.  I know I will still get to see them.....but, will be missing those hugs and kisses.....

I am very happy for him and his family and I am sure they will do well....cant wait for them to return!

2 comments:

  1. I know you're going to miss them! It is great that now there's better forms of communication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes happy about that. My head says it is good for them; my heart doesnt.

    ReplyDelete