Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Sis

This post is dedicated to my sister......today is her birthday.  She is 11 years younger than I am and I am so proud of her.  It wasn't easy growing up in our house but somehow we leaned on each other and got through the hard times and had fun with the fun times.

With such an age difference we didnt have much in common until she herself had a child and then we got closer.  I sometimes wish we were closer like some sisters I read about in other blogs.  But I do love her with all my heart and although we are on different time schedules  there are alot of things we share.  Our love of children, grandchildren and family.  I sometimes think of when we were little and all the aunts lived on the same block so that all the kids and cousins grew up with each other just next door.  Unfortunately this is not the case anymore.  Families grow up and apart because we do not live near each other.



Even though we are in the same state, our jobs, families and responsibilities interfere with our ability to say "I'll be right over."  But when push comes to shove, we can count on each other to be there when it counts.

So if you have a sister - this blog is for all the sisters out there.....who need each other and know we are just a phone call away......Love you sis and Happy Birthday.........

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your little sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister and I live 4 hours apart, yet remain very close. I don't know what I would do without her.

    ReplyDelete