Thursday, August 6, 2015

Review: The Teller

The Teller The Teller by Jonathan Stone
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I first came across Jonathan Stone when I read his book "Moving Day" and fell in love with 72 year old Stanley Peke. Such a great story. So when I came across "The Teller" I convinced myself that he had written another great story. And I wasnt disappointed at all. When I get a book I cant put down - it means it's a five star book. The story follows Elaine Kelly - bank teller who cares for her terminally ill mother. A little old man comes into her bank every week to deposit money - one day he leaves the bank and gets hit by a truck and dies. And the adventure begins when Elaine takes 1.3 million dollars out of his account (since he won't need it anyway) unaware that there is a sinister reason there is so much money in the old man's account.

Elaine is drawn into a world of drugs, killings, prostitution, lying and unsavory characters with only Det. Nussbaum to help her. You are kept on the edge of your seat with every page that turns and every surprise waiting for you. Elaine's bank has 164,000 employees but she is all alone in this venture.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment