Monday, July 20, 2015

Shopping


Two weeks ago we went dining room shopping.  Ugh....you see my old set is oak, I have oak railings in the house and my china cabinet is oak....But alas, there is no oak to be found....people are using darker colors these days - like black lacquer......

I love the wood grain.  My living room is basically black and brown, floors are wood - both dark and light wood....so we decided on a mixture of wood table and chairs and while it is a little darker than my banister it does match the floor, couch and end tables in the living room which is just a step down from the dining room.




 
My dining set was delivered yesterday in that 95 degree weather.  And I love it.  Now I will be careful that nothing scratches it, etc.  Today I went to Bed Bath & Beyond (love that place) to pick up beautiful place mats for my table but could not find a table runner that I liked.  Will have to wait for another time.

Then we went to JCPenney to do some shopping and finally the fruit store.....and then the last stop....my favorite


Great way to end a shopping day......................have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a nice shopping day. Your table set is beautiful! That's good you found placemats you like. I need to remember to shop at Bed Bath & Beyond more often. I thing I could find what I'm looking for without having to go to several stores.

    ReplyDelete