Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tai Chi #2 #3




The Sun style (孫氏) t'ai chi ch'uan is well known for its smooth, flowing movements which omit the more physically vigorous crouching, leaping and fa jin of some other styles. The footwork of Sun style is unique, when one foot advances or retreats the other follows. It also exhibits small circular movements with the hand. Its gentle postures and high stances make it very suitable for geriatric exercise and martial arts therapy.

My 2nd class never made it.  Seems I have been spending a lot of time going back and forth to doctors.  But that's another blog....but somehow I made it to my third class.  I am fully into this tai chi thing....even though my legs are hardly holding out, but I feel so refreshed, and cleansed at the end of 1-1/2 hours there.  I sweat some weight off too as the gym is not that air conditioned....but not that hot either.

Am looking forward to class #4 and even though I was supposed to go to the doctor on class #5....I changed the doctor appointment and will be finishing up this program.  I even bought a dvd, so maybe when I finish (there are only 6 classes) I will actually continue this wonderful tai chi.....

No comments:

Post a Comment