Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sun Style Tai Chi #1

  Today was my first day of my lessons in Tai Chi...I enrolled in the local community college for a six week course...every Wednesday morning for 1-1/2 hours.  It was held in an air conditioned gym and when I arrived I didn't know what to expect.

Never did this before, so I drove over to the school, with sneakers on and light loose outerwear.  Of course I could not find the gym but asked a nice lady headed toward the school and found she too, was going for Tai Chi.  So we both headed to the gym and found several others there.  This is a 55+ Wellness Plan and we seemed to be all in the same boat.  The instructor was young, thin and able to move better than us...but surprisingly, the class went well and I was able to not only stand for 1-1/2 hours but to move with the fluency that came with leaning Tai Chi.

I felt exhilarated at the end of class although the legs were burning due to my nerve condition.  But moving around and hopefully burning calories is all worth it....

2 comments:

  1. How cool! I would love to try tai chi! It's great that you're branching out and trying new activities.
    Nikki
    www.rushedmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nikki...it was cool on Wednesday...Thursday was another story. I ached all over, but it was well worth it..am looking forward to next Wed...

    ReplyDelete