Thursday, September 13, 2012

And When She Was Good

And When She Was GoodAnd When She Was Good by Laura Lippman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Heloise Lewis....a wonderful mother and a keen business woman. Her job? WFEN Women's Full Employment Network.....a cover for a prostitution ring. Her circumstances put her in this type of employment in order to survive and raise her son. But soon things turn to work against her. This is a story on how a mother's love sustains a woman to do anything needed to keep that child safe....this story truly amazed me as to how strong Heloise was and what she did to keep herself going through the many trials and tribulations of life for her.

The ending threw me off as I did not even suspect what was going to happen and love that about this book. Any further reviews of this book might make me give away some of the awesome twists and turns....read it, you wont regret it.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Sounds a good one: haven't read a book right through in ages, because I've just not felt like it. This one just might change my mind!

    Good to see you back blogging again - or have I missed some, because I've been too busy toy-making?

    Hope you (and yours) keep well

    ReplyDelete