Sunday, July 10, 2011

Clean House, Dirty House...one, two, three

How clean or dirty is your house?  I often think of this line and wonder......what difference does it make?  I was raised in a clean house.....I mean....super clean.  We coudnt sit here or there, or eat here or there, ..  Fridays....dont come in the house....I am cleaning.....so as kids we didnt...we went to our Aunt's house where .....  well, everything was all over.  Sit where you want, eat where you want.....are you happy?  Oh yeah.....and that is why I will never forget my aunt who made her house be judged not by cleanliness....but by happiness............

So, when I got married and had children I decided to be that kind of house.....where everyone was welcome and comfortable.....it's not filthy.....just lived in.  And there are days where a crazy cleaning spree happens......and it stays orderly for a few hours.....and then we live in it, eat in it and enjoy it...........because........because............it is only a house.  It will be there long after we are gone BUT the memories of what happens in that house will last forever......


What are your "House" memories?






1 comment:

  1. I don't have any house memories. But, my attitude is like your's. My house would never rate a layout in a magazine, but we like it and that's all that counts.

    Took me a long time to realize that thought. Too much looking at magazines.

    ReplyDelete