Thursday, July 14, 2011

Are you a Cat Person or a Dog Person?

I often wonder what makes a person pick a cat over a dog.....or the other way around.  Some people hate cats and would only get a dog.....while other people prefer cats and would never get a dog.......

But alas, I am a dog and cat person.  Are there any out there? I grew up with dogs, loved them, always had them....Cried when we had to move to a place that did not allow dogs.....mostly had big ones....German Shepherds, Alaskan Huskies and



              
my favorite, old English sheep dog.................
   was heartbroken when we could not longer keep him......Then I grew up and out of the house and as a young girl, working, I didnt think it fair to have a dog that I could not be home for......so I switched to cats......a beautiful Siamese cat who was the love of my life....

  until my hubby came along and became the love of my life.....you see, he is one of those people who do not like cats.....strictly a dog person.  So I gave my cat away because having both a cat and dog, then five kids and a FIL who lived with us....was too much.  We did have a mix breed dog for 14 years who kept the kids busy until she passed away.


So my question is..........Are you a dog person, or a cat person and why?

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely a cat person. We have 3 indoor cats...and if it wouldn't seem like I was one of those "crazy cat ladies" we'd probably have more!

    New follower from blog frog!

    www.brewingdaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both, but prefer dogs. We have a german short haired pointer. She keeps us busy to say the least. My husband only liked cats until I bought Mayzie home. They are pretty attached to each other.

    ReplyDelete