Thursday, June 30, 2011

RETIREMENT...how sweet it is

...or will be.....still about two years away from it...but have been celebrating a friend's retirement this week....and I must admit, I am a little jealous.  The fact that she doesn't have to get up at the crack of dawn, get dressed and commute into work.........ahh...sounds good to me.

But the question remains, "What does one do when you no longer work?"  I dont know about my friend...but then again she is a grandma too....so those grandkids keep you busy.....but down the road when I retire.....well, here is a list of only 10 things I want to do........

1. Not get up at 5 AM
2. Have a long breakfast, a second cup of coffee and actually read the morning newspaper.
3. Then go for a long walk
4. Plan my day to do whatever I want.....go to a show, have lunch with a friend, go shopping,
5. Work on my crafts
6. Take in a book reading or a book signing in the city
7. Maybe join a class in?? whatever
8. Read, read, and then read some more
9. Take a moonlight walk with my hubby
and finally #10..take a long long bath......

WHAT ARE 10 THINGS YOU WOULD DO IF YOU RETIRED TOMORROW?

No comments:

Post a Comment