Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lunch Anyone?

I was thinking the other day about what people do for lunch time when they are working.  Personally I find sitting with my co-workers in the staff room a relaxing way to have lunch and touch base with those people I dont get to talk to during the day.  You see, I work in a school office and there seems to be a constant barrage of parents and children all day long. So when that lunch hour rolls around...I breathe a sigh of relief and go upstairs with my "from home" lunch and just chill out. 

I sometimes sit in front of the school when the weather is better than it has been....pretty soon it will probably be too hot to sit there, but meantime if the rain ever stops....

Some of my colleagues that this time to go shopping or do some walking.  To me, it is a time for relaxing, conversing and to slow down.

Every Wednesday is ordering day.......we make sure we order from wherever we all agree we would like to eat ..whether it is salads,


or paninis,





or sushi...



..it is our treat for the week....and since Wednesday is hump day....what a better way to push us over through the end of the week.......

So my question for this weekend is:  What do you do for lunch?


2 comments:

  1. I love Paninis! I'm glad I was able to inspire you to re-use...I'd love to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so incredibly cheap that I bring my lunch to work. It doesn't stop there. I challenge myself to keep it under 50 cents, so it's usually raman noodles 17 cents, 2 oz hunk of cheese and a hamburger bun (from the bakery three-day-old section that they are practically giving away). Ironically, this is my comfort food, too.

    ReplyDelete