Friday, March 29, 2013

Another Book Review

The StorytellerThe Storyteller by Jodi Picoult

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


First came My Sister's Keeper ... and then I was hooked. I love Jodi Picoult and have never been disappointed in any of her books...but reading The Storyteller has made me put this book on the top of my five star readings....

It starts with Sage, who was a baker, and has her own story...and continues with the addition of more characters...her friend Josef, the former SS Nazi officer; her sisters Cinnamon and Safron; her grandmother, who was a Holocaust survivor....and the story her grandma wrote about Ania and Aleks....a fictional story...or is it?

And then comes Leo, the attorney who hunts down Nazis for a living....Sage's life will take a turn but will she be able to commit to that turn? Can she cross the lines between punishment and justice, and forgiveness and mercy....who will she listen to? Her grandmother's story of her survival? Leo's quest for justice? Or Josef's desire to die? Sage is torn between questions of what is right and what is wrong....and only when you reach the end, will you finally see the light....or will you?

If you only read one book, make it The Storyteller.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment