Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dance.....

Dancing: the vertical expression of a horizontal desire legalized by music.  ~George Bernard Shaw





.....do I know how....guess you can say "yes"....when was the last time I danced?  Cant say I remember.  In my single days, it was clubs every week and dancing all the time.  Of course since then times have changed and so has the dancing.

I could hold my own on the dance floor but then again I married a man who does not dance.  Oh, wait, he did dance for his son's wedding and I actually got pictures of it....wonders never cease.  I am not up to the latest dances and also when you are 60+ (oh, what the heck, I am 66 and proud of it) you cant move like you used to.  You are always worried about falling, plus having a nerve condition does not help.....but I do feel the rhythm....

What dances do I go to?  Well, there's weddings and holiday parties and end term parties.....ok that's about it.....but I do love to watch the young ones dance - that sounds wrong - but you know what I mean.  Dancing is for the young.....at least these old bones think so.  But thinking about the word "dance" brings to mind this little saying...

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  ~Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Love the George Bernard Shaw. I danced last night to Glee. They looked like they were having so much fun, and no one was watching :)

    ReplyDelete