Friday, July 29, 2011

Bermuda Cruise - Part 3


 If you werent content with just sitting around on a lounge chair....there were loads of things to do....like shuffleboard...although I have no idea how to play, it was fun watching others do it....




 They had wall climbing (no I didnt even try it) and basketball courts...of course the netting was there to make sure you didnt miss the shot and the basketball ended up in the ocean....

 We were often content to just sit and watch the water....it was very calm on the way to Bermuda and soooo relaxing.......the weather was excellent (not like in NY) with everyday around 80 degrees and low humidity......I am not a sun person, but even I basked in the sun everyday and just felt so good.
 Eating seemed to a an ongoing habit on board.  But having already lost 45 lbs, I was not jeopardizing my hard work.....they had constant food going around and the atmosphere was intoxicating....but we watched what we ate and still enjoyed the food (had lots of fruit and veggies) and even had dessert - although sugar free, still tasted delicious - I even had glasses of wine and a Mai Tai one night - not all in the same night.....just didnt go overboard and am happy to say I LOST TWO LBS...

 This was me........for most of the trip.........I can do this............I also managed to read three books on my Kindle.....click the link for book reviews if you want to know what I read.  It was nice not getting interrupted at all...........
 Of course what helped alot was the jogging track.below.........although I am not a jogger I found myself walking alot more than usual.....hubby was up at 6 every morning to get on the track, while I was there later......just getting around the ship means alot of walking.....but I didnt mind it....such lovely surroundings and when done, I got to relax again........
Stay tuned for Part 4 tomorrow...........hope you are enjoying ...........

2 comments:

  1. Wow Bubbe, you lost 2 lbs. on a cruise ? You go girl !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprised myself...just filled up on veggies and fruit....even had dessert, but small pieces and also had wine...not every night but twice during the week....shows you can watch your weight on a cruise...I was there for the relaxation and scenery...not food...lol

    ReplyDelete